Customer Support and Customer Service have been around for decades. These were the necessary evils of the traditional sector – the old-model reactive break/fix cost center – to resolve problems resulting from breaks and service interruptions. The misconception with SaaS is that there is no longer a need for a team of this nature in today’s organization. But this couldn’t be farther from the truth.
To win in this new era, the role of support needs to be completely refined or even newly defined. Organizations need to focus around the entire experience of the customer. It’s not just about the software anymore. And to achieve this, Customer Support is now Customer Success.
Still, expectation gaps remain, Customer Success by definition is still in its infancy, processes are immature and confusion reigns. We hope that our blog helps to simplify and guide you. However, there are a number of resources on SaaS, growth, retention, and Customer Success with valuable insights that you should be tapping into as well.
Here is the list:
- Akita – Akita’s Customer Success Roundup is a list of hand-picked resources from around the web brought to your inbox. Subscribe here.
- Alex Bakula-Davis – Alex curates The Customer Success Newsletter which is a hand curated, free-range, artisanal, and all natural newsletter on top articles cover Customer Success. Subscribe here.
- Bain & Company – Bain’s Loyalty Insights newsletter is a bi-monthly email series that discusses how to focus your entire company on customer loyalty. Subscribe here.
- Bluenose – Best practices for managing Customer Experience, Net Promoter and Customer Success programs. Subscribe here.
- Catherine Blackmore – Catherine is a thought leader and innovator in the area of Customer Success, with over 20 years of experience in helping a diverse list of clients from small businesses to Fortune 100 customers. Follow Catherine on LinkedIn.
- Chad Horenfeldt – Chad is a Customer Experience and Customer Success executive with 15+ years experience developing Customer Success teams with companies of all sizes. Subscribe here.
- Chargify – The latest Chargify news plus tips and tricks on how to run an efficient subscription and recurring revenue business. Subscribe here.
- ClientSuccess – Learn Customer Success best practices around customer experience and client engagement. View the blog here.
- CSM Practice – The CSM Corner Blog will teach you how to define and implement the customer journey, customer campaigns, Customer Success playbooks, customer maturity scoring model as well as Customer Success reports and dashboards. Subscribe here.
- David Skok – David has a wealth of experience in running companies. He writes for entrepreneurs and startups on topics such as viral marketing, SaaS metrics, building a sales and marketing machine, techniques for lowering the cost of customer acquisition, etc. Subscribe here.
- Gainsight – Take your Customer Success team to the next level by taking advantage of Gainsight’s industry-standard best practices and thought leadership. Subscribe here.
- Glide Consulting – Glide helps VC-Funded startups and F100 companies optimize, leverage and accelerate their Customer Success teams. View the blog here.
- Groove – On a journey to $500k in monthly revenue. Every Thursday they publish a new blog post about his wins, failures and lessons learned along the way. Subscribe here.
- Jason Lemkin – Jason is a 2x founder, 1x VC, and dedicated SaaS enthusiast. He led or sourced the first VC investments in many leading enterprise/SaaS startups. Collectively, these startups are worth in excess of one billion dollars. Subscribe here.
- Joel York – Joel is a respected thought leader on SaaS business models and metrics. He is a well-known SaaS / Cloud business executive, entrepreneur and startup advisor. Subscribe here.
- Mindtouch – Striving to promote the ‘Customer Experience,’ and a business’s engagement with that experience, as the foundation for all success to stand on. View the blog here.
- Natero – Learn about the latest trends and topics in Customer Success Management. They explore customer retention, engagement, and expansion. View the blog here.
- Nello Franco – Nello is an executive leader with a passion for Customer Success and the ability and desire to build a customer-centric company. Subscribe here.
- Omid Razavi – Omid is a Customer Success and growth leader who drives user engagement, technology consumption, customer adoption and advocacy at all stages of the customer journey. Follow Omid on LinkedIn.
- OpenView Labs – Helping B2B software companies cross the chasm from startups to growth stage businesses by helping build-out and refining customer acquisition. Subscribe here.
- Ptero – The Ptero Conversion Path blog provides tips, templates and tools to help you improve your ability to convert and retain users. Subscribe here.
- Service Excellence Partners – The Excel-lens blog helps subscription-based technology companies reduce customer churn through his consulting practice. Helping clients diagnose root causes, improve quality and value of products and services, and systematically strengthen customer relationships. View the blog here.
- Strikedeck – Discover key KPIs for your company, your CS team, and your dashboard to keep track of your customers. Subscribe here.
- SuccessHacker – Helping companies to understand and capitalize on a simple truth, Successful Customers = Successful Company. Follow SuccessHacker on Medium.
- Tomasz Tunguz – Tomasz writes daily, data-driven blog posts about key questions facing startups including how to fundraise, startup benchmarks, management best practices and team building. Subscribe here.
- Totango – Learn best practices to create a scalable Customer Success strategy. Subscribe here.
- Tri Tuns – Specializes in Customer Success Management & maximizing IT user adoption. The Tri Tuns team has exceptional experience working on CRM projects for a variety of Fortune 500 and mid-size clients. View the blog here.
- Zuora – Thoughts on building and running a successful subscription business, trends, products, and industry news. Read on. View the blog here.
Which resources do you find informative and valuable for SaaS and customer success?
The post The good stuff on Customer Success you should be reading first appeared on the Amity Blog.